Saturday, 2 June 2018
Pomminryon Calls for Nation-wide Struggle for Implementing Panmunjom Declaration
Pyongyang, June 2 (KCNA) -- The north, south and overseas headquarters of the Pan-national Alliance for Korea's Reunification (Pomminryon) released a joint resolution on Saturday.
Stressing that the "Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Reunification of the Korean Peninsula" adopted at Panmunjom on April 27, 2018 is a historic landmark for ushering in a new era of independent reunification by carrying forward the July 4 joint statement, the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration, the resolution said:
The north, south and overseas headquarters of Pomminryon pledges as follows, hailing together with 80 million Koreans the historic Panmunjom declaration and reflecting the firm will to implement as early as possible this valuable agreement common to the nation;
1. We will positively put in practice the Panmunjom declaration, a new landmark for independent reunification.
Pomminryon will strictly reject the outsiders' interference and arbitrary practices threatening the destiny of all Koreans, open up a new era of independent reunification only in the principle and spirit of By Our Nation Itself, and actively work to establish a mechanism for permanent and durable peace of the Korean peninsula.
2. We will arrange a joint national event involving all circles of people without fail to lay a foundation for holding a great pan-national gathering for reunification.
Pomminryon will make the joint national events specified in the Panmunjom Declaration successful ones, and thus rev up the atmosphere for north-south reconciliation and cooperation and demonstrate the stronger will to achieve the great national unity and independent reunification.
Pomminryon will provide a foundation for the successful great pan-national gathering for reunification in the future by successfully hosting joint national events.
3. We will strive to immediately resolve the humanitarian issue caused by national division and make non-governmental exchange and cooperation brisk.
Pomminryon will make efforts to urgently settle the humanitarian matters caused by the national division and confrontation and vitalize non-governmental exchange and cooperation.
4. We will work hard to get all legal and institutional mechanisms disturbing national reconciliation and unity abrogated and to have the south headquarters of Pomminryon legitimized.
Pomminryon will strive to get the "Security Law", the biggest obstacle to national reconciliation and unity and development of the north-south relations, abrogated as early as possible.
5. Pomminryon will positively work to get the U.S. hostile policy toward the DPRK withdrawn and a peace treaty concluded.
The north, south and overseas headquarters of Pomminryon will more vigorously stage a nation-wide campaign for implementing the historic Panmunjom Declaration by pooling efforts of all Koreans. -0