Friday 27 January 2023

Report to KFA UK Annual General Meeting 2023 Alan Bolon KFA UK Organizational Secretary and Chairman of West of England Branch KFA UK

Report to KFA UK Annual General Meeting 2023


Alan Bolon KFA UK Organizational Secretary 


and Chairman of West of England Branch  KFA UK


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




  Welcome everyone to our KFA UK AGM 2023, I would like to present my report on my activities as KFA UK Organizational Secretary with additional duties as Security Officer, and the Chairman of the KFA UK 'West Of England Branch'




Firstly, as to KFA UK 'West Of England Branch' at the moment on the Facebook page, there are 262 followers we and reached 232 likes. The page is running well and every day is posting a few new things. My activities as a Chairman remain to update the Facebook page with news and re-posting from the main KFA UK page. During the period covered by the report, I have noticed a lot of problems and troubles created by hostile Facebook for us by blocking or making purposes to access the pages in other ways. Luckily, all these problems and attacks have been overcome and the site is still running.




KFA UK's 'West Of England Branch' has had in its area in Taunton, two Seminars with Dr Dermot Hudson and also in London.  Also, my activities focused to updates the KFA UK 'West Of England Branch' Online Library, which is enriched almost every month with new books, sent to us from KPEA or other friendly organisations from DPRK.




During the period covered by AGM, and under my activities as a KFA UK Organizational Secretary, I undertook work on the organizational and administrative consolidation of KFA UK into an organization operating on the basis of the strong administrative foundations as written Constitution. The KFA UK 'Constitution' has been written by me and later approved. This KFA UK 'Constitution', in my opinion, was necessary as an indispensable document, that every association should have in order to regulate its rights and duties for its members and not only. Due to the needs of time as our organization, has been and still is under attack by hostile forces, I have designed the KFA UK 'Security and Safety System' and become taken additional duties as a KFA UK Security Officer. I have started investigations with several procedures, these investigations have been initiated on several security matters and unfortunately, due to many other more urgent duties, further progress has been temporarily suspended. Further work according to the procedures of this system can be restored at any time, but it requires a lot of time. the best solution would be to assign the function of the security officer to another trusted person who, having become familiar with the procedures of the systems, would only deal with this matter and the security results would be greater.




In my organizational work for KFA UK, I also prepared KFA UK's Internal Funds Policy' which, after approval and amendments, was implemented and is in force now.




During the years 2021 - 2023, I created a new monthly journal 'Peoples Korea Today'  and became the Main Graphic Editor of this magazine, submitted several articles there and work in the editing process every month. With pleasure, I would like to say,  that at the moment we released 25 issues of 'Peoples Korea Today' and this magazine is running still and stayed as a permanent KFA UK press with formal notice in 'KFA UK Constitution'.  However, I was very often under time pressure and lack of time, so that is why some of the 


PKT issues have not been published on time.  I continued and will continue to assemble work o monthly 'PKT', because I know how important this magazine is, and how big a role it plays in KFA UK activities. 'PKT' remains an important vehicle for communicating our activities, reaching a growing audience of KFA UK members.  I strongly encourage all KFA UK members and not only, as 'PKT' publishing articles from all over the world, to consider submitting an article, that's why I invented already two literary competitions for 'PKT' readers. I also did graphic and design work for meetings and other events in our organization.




During the period covered by AGM, I tried in my multiple positions to act responsibly for our association, and together with Dr Dermot Hudson we continued our work in mutual cooperation, with no personal problems or arguments, and I think all my work and achievements for KFA UK,  would be not done if I not received so much support and helps from Dr Dermot Hudson, for which I express my sincere thanks and am very grateful to him.I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the KFA UK and it’s been exciting to see the growing strength and significance of KFA UK over these years.




The essence of my efforts is and always will be our purpose, which is profoundly rooted in our constitutional 'Motto': 'Defends People's Korea with no ifs and no buts'  even 24 / 7.





I would like to thank you for trusting me as KFA UK Organizational Secretary. At the annual meeting this year, if those gathered at the meeting express their positive opinion about my work, express the will to remain in the function of KFA UK Organizational Secretary and the Chairman of KFA UK 'West of England  Branch' , I would like to ensure. I wish to be even better and look forward to continuing to engage with such a vibrant, multidisciplinary and with durability as much as I can.




You may be aware, and I hope you are, that following the last AGM we have carried out further consultation on how we take forward the development of KFA UK and I fully consider to this matter now and in future as well.




If the gremial of the AGM allows me to stay as a KFA UK Secretary and Chairman of the KFA UK 'West of England Branch', I would be very grateful for feedback on what I am doing well, and where I can improve. If you have any comments or suggestions, I would be delighted to hear them and I stay open to criticism and promise to use self - criticisms to myself as a true communist should behave. 




Thank you for listening.


No comments: