Thursday 4 July 2024

President Kim Il Sung's View of Happiness

 From Voice of Korea

http://vok.rep.kp/index.php/detail_com/scomde/iee230614038/39/en





On October 10, Juche 46(1957), the great leader Kim Il Sung called at the mountainous Pyoktong County during his field guidance to North Phyongan Province.
Students of the then Tongju Middle School in Pyoktong County ran out to the riverside after school to see him passing by.
Kim Il Sung waved his hand to them across the river and the students hurriedly got aboard a boat.
They jumped off the boat in haste before it reached the bank. Worried that they might get hurt, Kim Il Sung told them time and again not to be hasty as he was waiting for them.
Without hesitation, the students vied with each other to cling to his arms.
Warmly stroking their heads, Kim Il Sung learned in detail about their studying and family situations and asked them what they would do when grown up. And, reading their minds, he proposed having a photo taken before sunset.
He sat on the lawn without ceremony and beamed all over his face, surrounded by the students.
He wrote in his reminiscences as follows:
"If anyone asks me when I am most happy and joyful, I will respond:
'Joyful and happy events occur every day in my life. ...
It gives me particular pleasure and happiness to be among the people...
It also gives me great happiness to be among the children, we call the flower buds of the country.'
I can say that this is my lifelong view of happiness."

No comments: