Thursday 17 February 2022

KIM JONG IL - My own personal recollection -by Dr Dermot Hudson Chairman KFA UK and Chairman of the British Group for the Study of the Juche Idea



I remember the time in 2002 when I saw the great leader Chairman KIM JONG IL in real life .

  It was April 2002 , I was 40 years old at the time . I had travelled to the DPRK  as the delegate of the Korean Friendship Association of the UK and the old Society For Friendship with Korea , to participate in the celebrations of the 90th anniversary of the birth of the great leader President KIM IL SUNG . My guide was a lady from the DPRK Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries , Mrs Pak Song Ok . The atmosphere in the DPRK was great , there was a real festive mood ,to me it seemed almost like Christmas . Visiting the DPRK on that occasion , I saw that it was all lies what the imperialist media said about the DPRK ; there was no famine or starvation anywhere.

 I was invited to attend the National Meeting for the 90th anniversary of the birth of the great leader comrade KIM IL SUNG . I was given an invitation card .  The national meeting was a grand event . It was held at the Pyongyang Indoor Stadium which is near to the People's Palace of Culture . 

 The stadium was packed . We took our seats . I had a good view of the main platform . Suddenly , there was a peel of music and Chairman KIM JONG IL appeared on the stage with Party and government officials following him . ' Leader KIM JONG IL ! ' Exclaimed Mrs Pak at the top of her voice which became highly pitched . At the time Chairman KIM JONG IL was 60 but he did not look it , he looked like a much younger man . He marched fast and had a straight back , the dignified bearing of a General and a real leader . Everyone cheered , shouts of Manse  resounded through the air . The applause and cheering went on for more than 5 minutes .I had never seen anything like it  in my life . It was amazing . It showed how the people were united around comrade KIM JONG IL and the Workers Party of Korea.

.

Dr Dermot Hudson .

Chairman KFA UK ,

Chairman British Group for the Study of the Juche Idea.

No comments: